Friday, July 11, 2008

Logan's 911 Call


Mr. Ravioli Man


No pictures!

I'm fine!

Look Mom and Dad!

It's time to play!

Really, what else could happen???
Logan had a late nap and when he woke up I fed him lunch. I attempted to feed him raviolis. I think he ate one and the other six or seven ended up in his hair, on his clothes, or on the floor. I cleaned his face and thought I would give him a bath in a few minutes after I pick up the mess on the floor. I took his clothes off and let him go play. Aubrey wanted to play on the computer. I closed the office door because Logan likes to turn the computer off when she is playing. The office door is a roll back door. The kids are supposed to be playing and I went to pick up the kitchen. Aubrey starts screaming "Momma!" Of course, I holler back,"What Monk?" Aubrey said she can't get out because Bubba is stuck and she is becoming hysterical. I run back to the office and the door is still shut but Logan is lying on the floor with his arm wedged under the door. (still with ravioli in his hair and no clothes on.) I try to pick up on the door, no luck. I try to push on the door, but no go. His arm is STUCK!! Aubrey his inside the office with Logan's arm and I am outside the office listening to Aubrey and looking at Logan's body. (It wasn't funny at the time, but it's ok now to laugh.) I told Aubrey I was coming right back,I run to get the phone to call Brian. I was going to turn into the Hulk and knock the door down. But .....the door didn't move. I told Brian I was calling 911. I heard the sirens and I run to the door, but they passed our house. That figures, Murphy's Law. I run back to Logan and try to push on the door, but his arm is pinched and is extremly red and is turning blue. I hear the sirens again, I run outside and 3 firemen jump out. We all run to the office door. They start talking to Logan. One firemen pushes on the door and the other one is gently pulling on Logan's arm. After about 1-2 minutes, he is freed. Man, they made that look easy. I really,really tried. We all went and sat in the living room. Logan wanted down to play, he seemed to be ok. The firemen were making sure that Logan could use his arm because it had begun to cut off circulation. Logan was playing with toys. He handed one firemen his bowl of raisins, another one his juice cup, and the third firemen Logan put his sunglasses on the firemen's head. Logan was back to himself. I know now that the City of Red Oak Fire Department is very helpful.
Ok, I am going to go give Mr. Ravioli Man a bath. No more excitement today, please!!

3 comments:

R and R Stacy said...

Oh my gosh....glad he's OK. We need to get them together again soon, before school starts.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby!! Glad everything worked out and that the firemen where there to help :)

~LL~ said...

OHHHHH MAN!!!

I'm glad he's OK.....we've had injury, too....G had a broken arm...just got the cast off yesterday.

Glad you have a blog now :D